Friday, June 24, 2011

We Say Ouch For Jesus

By Belle Touchton – The Missionary Dog
Mommy – Cheryle M. Touchton



Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:12-14 NIV

Mommy and I spend a lot of time in our tiny camper, Halleluiah. Sometimes Daddy and Rascal the Cat travel with us. Our job is to travel America, telling people about Jesus. Outside of Halleluiah, the word I hear the most is “Jesus.” Inside, I hear “ouch.”

“Bob,” Mommy said. “My head always hurts right on top. It feels like a bruise.” Maybe Mommy doesn’t know how many times she says “ouch” when she steps into Halleluiah. By now she should know to duck her head.

“Ouch!” Daddy said. “You left the cabinet open again.” Daddy wasn’t talking to me.

“Bob,” Mommy said. “I’m so sorry. You’re bleeding again.” By now, Daddy should know that Mommy leaves cabinets open.

I yelled “ouch” later when she left that same cabinet open and everything came flying at me when Mommy turned a corner.

They keep Rascal the Cat’s food up on the counter because they know I like his food better than mine. If Rascal is eating and we stop quickly, Rascal yells “ouch” as he falls off the counter. Personally, I think they could solve that problem by letting me eat Rascal’s food.

The table has 4 corners that pop up to make it bigger. Mommy and Daddy both yell “ouch” about half the time they open a corner because it has a spring that pinches. If they worked less at that table, they’d get pinched less.

When Daddy joins us, he spends most of his time fixing things on Halleluiah. I hear “ouch” a lot when he is working in such tiny places. Those hammers and screwdrivers look like they hurt so I guess I can’t blame Halleluiah for fighting back.

If we’re parked on a hill and Mommy opens a cabinet, she yells “ouch” when cans fall on her. She could solve that problem by eating dry food like me.

Mommy yells “ouch” when she dumps Halleluiah, plugs Halleluiah in, hooks up the water, plugs in cable, climbs on the hood to wash the window, swats a bug, or sits up in bed and hits the light. She stays bruised, bitten, scratched, bleeding, and sore. I yell “ouch” when we stop quickly and I fall off the seat or Mommy trips over me because we try to stand the same place at the same time. Living in a tiny camper is painful. You may be wondering why we are willing to say “ouch” so often.

The answer to that is easy. We say “ouch” for Jesus. Saying “ouch” is the price tag for doing what God tells us to do. When someone says “yes” to Jesus, saying “ouch” for Jesus seems like a small price to pay.
============================
Cheryle M. Touchton is the Director of Pocket Full of Change Ministries. This ministry exists because people like you are called to help fund the work of the kingdom. To help keep the Pocket Full of Quarters Lady on the road leading people to Christ, you can donate at

Donate

No comments:

Post a Comment