Friday, April 27, 2012

Would Someone Please Explain Free Will to Mommy


By Belle the Missionary Dog
Mommy - Cheryle M. Touchton - The Pocket Full of Quarters Lady


Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Cor 6:19-20 NIV

My mommy eats healthy. She has eaten this way for 30 years. She didn’t always eat like this but she does now. She says her body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and she wants to honor God by eating right. Before I was born, Mommy used to eat so much food that that it made her sick and she had to stay in bed. One day, she called out to God and she and God made a deal. Mommy turned her life and will over to God. She started eating healthy. God helped her stop overeating and made her well. The problem is, I didn’t make that deal.

On Sunday, Mommy and I went to the Big Shanty Festival in Kennesaw, Georgia. We were there to tell people about Jesus and even if I say so myself, I did my job just right. I let people pet me. When Mommy said to say Jesus, I barked. When Mommy said to show people how to take Jesus’ hand, I reached out my paw. I looked for people who looked like they needed attention from me and I gave it to them. 15 people prayed to receive Jesus and I helped with all of them. I’m happy about that.

What I’m not happy about is Mommy not letting me eat junk food. There was free junk food everywhere. People must not have wanted it because they dropped it on the ground. There were potato chips, ice cream, hamburgers, french fries, candy, and even dog treats. It was a doggie buffet and every time I tried to enjoy it, Mommy hollered and pulled on my leash. It is not fair.
Even Daddy eats junk food – especially when it is free. Mommy fusses at him too but he does what he wants. I tried doing what I wanted and Mommy wouldn’t let me. For some reason, Daddy gets to have free will but I don’t. Mommy says I can’t eat junk food because I get sick but I’ve seen Daddy not feeling too good if he eats popcorn late at night and he eats it anyway.

I’m a good dog. I mostly do everything Mommy says. I think Mommy was being unreasonable to expect me to pass all of that yummy food and not eat a bite. Would someone remind my mommy about free will?

I have to admit that when we got back to the camper, I was glad I didn’t have a tummy ache. Mommy was really glad because when I get sick, she has to clean it up. Mommy bought homemade doggy treats at the festival and she gave me some. That helped but I still can’t help dreaming about all of that free food.

Why Quarters?
Photo Gallery
Join our Prayer Team
Donate
MAP

No comments:

Post a Comment