Monday, May 21, 2012

I Get It - They Are Red Rocks


By Belle the Missionary Dog
Mommy - Cheryle M. Touchton - The Pocket Full of Quarters Lady



Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Luke 8:6 NIV

I get it – they are red rocks. People like to look at them. I understand that they are pretty. I just don’t think they are very useful. Where is the grass? In fact, where is the dirt? My Mommy and I have been in Sedona, Arizona for a week. After we look at all of those rocks, what are we supposed to do with them?

First, where am I supposed potty? For my entire life, Mommy has taught me to potty on something soft – grass, dirt, and even snow. Now, I’m supposed to use rocks? I registered a similar complaint when we stayed in downtown Philadelphia and I was supposed to use concrete. I want to go on record stating the rocks are even worse than concrete.

Rocks are sharp. They hurt my feet. Mommy wears shoes so maybe she doesn’t know how they hurt my feet.

Rocks are uneven. How am I supposed to walk on them? Mommy wears shoes and even she has trouble walking on them. There are many places to hike in America. Why are we hiking here?

Rocks are hot. In fact, Arizona is hot. I used to live here and I remember how hot Arizona is. It is 100 degrees here. Doesn’t Mommy realize how hot those rocks are? Again – she is wearing shoes.

Finally, how does anyone grow food here? There is no dirt. I take that back. There is a tiny patch of dirt here – poured over the rocks. Mommy won’t let me use that to potty because that tiny patch of imported dirt is the poor hotel owner’s attempt to grow something. It does not look like it is working to me.

I don’t think rocks are useful, even if they are red, but I guess I should stop whining about them. People in Sedona need to hear about Jesus even if they don’t want to. I’ve noticed that many people here are not as interested in Jesus as people are in other places. Maybe their hearts are like the rocks here. Knowing Jesus will make their hearts soft so I guess telling people about Jesus is useful, even in the middle of hot, sharp, uneven, hard red rocks.


Why Quarters?
Photo Gallery
Join our Prayer Team
Donating
MAP


No comments:

Post a Comment