Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Got a Report Card

By Belle Touchton – The Missionary Dog
Mommy - Cheryle M. Touchton - The Pocket Full of Quarters Lady


But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Mic 7:7 NIV


Who ever heard of a Doggy Vacation Report Card? And what is a doggy vacation anyway? Mommy left me at Doggy Daycare for 7 days. Doggy Day Care is better than a kennel. I get to play with other dogs but I’m still without my mommy. Why would they call it a vacation? My vacations are with Mommy.

When Mommy got my 7 Doggy Vacation Report Cards, she read every word to Daddy over the phone.

“She got an excellent every day,” Mommy bragged.

What did she think I would get?

“On April 26, she played well with others!”

What else was there to do?

“She was the teacher’s pet!”

Aren’t I always?

“They say she is pretty.”

Is mommy just figuring that out?

“On April 27, she ran laps!”

No, that yappy dog ran laps. I chased him hoping to make him be quiet.

“She barks for attention,” Mommy said, sounding worried. “They said she was a bark-o-holic on Wednesday.”

Hello, I can’t talk. I have to bark.

“They said she was working on her tan on the 29th.”

Give me a break. I have hair.

“She likes snuggling.”

But I’d rather be snuggling with mommy.

Mommy picked me up on Monday. I could tell Daddy had been there. I could smell him. Why didn’t he come see me? I missed my Mommy but I guess I should stop whining. If I had to go somewhere, the Doggy Day Care was the best place I could go. 7 days felt like forever but Mommy finally came home. I did my best until she came back. I don’t know why Mommy left me but I trust her.

Sometimes I think I trust Mommy more than humans trust God. Don’t they know that God is always taking care of them? Don’t they know that even when they have to wait on God, He is working to make all things work out for them? I wonder if they get excellents on their report card while they wait.


===============================
Cheryle M. Touchton is the Director of Pocket Full of Change Ministries. For more information or to schedule a speaker for an event, go to www.pocketfullofchange.org or call at 904 614-3585.

This ministry exists because people like you are called to help fund the work of the kingdom. To help keep the Pocket Full of Quarters Lady on the road leading people to Christ, you can donate at Donate

Copyright: Pocket Full of Change Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment